Henrico County, Virginia Reckless Driving Attorneys
Defending your future against potentially damaging Henrico, County reckless driving criminal charges can be one of the most important steps to take when you are facing charges. Our law firm is focused on the defense of traffic violations and focuses in reckless driving, DUI, and speeding ticket cases in Henrico County, Virginia and surrounding areas.
By focusing in trafficlaw we are able to better represent our clients and their specific needs. Limiting our practice area allows us to focus on a few courts and become intimately familiar with how each particular court operates. This detailed knowledge helps us to better advise our clients and makes us better at what we do.
What is Reckless Driving?
- Reckless Driving is a Class 1 Misdemeanor in Virginia which means that it is a criminal office and is punishable by up to 12 months in jail, a fine of up to $2,500 and/or a 6 month suspension of your license. Additionally, it carries 6 points and stays on your Virginia DMV record for 11 years.
- The most common type of reckless driving is reckless driving by speed (§46.2-862) which means that you were traveling more than 20 miles per hour over the speed limit or over 80 miles per hour regardless of the posted speed limit.
- The catch all reckless driving-general (§ 46.2-852) refers to several specific types of traffic violations which are considered to endanger yourself, others or property and is often cited in accident cases when the damage is above a certain threshold.
Focused on Your Future
As experienced and dedicated Henrico County reckless driving lawyers, we have focused our work on offering our clients the representation they deserve, working diligently to help them understand the charges they face, the penalties the charges carry and the court proceedings that lay before them. This knowledge allows our clients to make educated decisions on how to proceed in their criminal matter, whether it be negotiating a plea bargain or taking their case before a jury.
Our Henrico reckless driving lawyers have found successful resolutions for countless clients including government contractors who require top secret clearance, truck drivers who face loss of their commercial drivers license (CDL) or points on their CDL, military members and under aged drinking and college students from:
- Virginia Commonwealth University
- University of Richmond
- Virginia Union University
- Virginia State University
- John Tyler Community College
- J. Sergeant Community College
- Richard Bland College
- Randolph-Macon College
- Hamden-Sydney College
- College of William & Mary
- University of Virginia
- Longwood College and Mary Washington University
Have you received a traffic ticket in Henrico, County Virginia?
Our extensive work representing clients who have received traffic citations in Henrico County, VA gives us a unique insight into the state’s proceedings and its specific traffic laws. In most cases, I can appear on your behalf so you will not have to come to Henrico, VA traffic court and we can often:
- Get your charge reduced to a lesser charge
- Minimize other consequences, such as a license suspension
Contact our office online or call 804-864-9424 to discuss your Henrico County reckless driving ticket or speeding ticket to learn how we can help defend you against them.
Henrico General District Court
14th Judicial District of Virginia
Mr Lawrence George Sprader
Criminal/Traffic: (804) 501-4723
Clerk’s Office Hours
8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
P. O. Box 90775
Arraignments/Show Cause Returns
Mon. & Fri., 9:00 a.m.
Tues. – Thurs., 9:00 a.m.
Civil Return Docket
Mon. & Fri., 10:00 a.m.
Civil Cases Set For Trial
Mon. & Fri., 11:00 a.m.
Fri., 2:00 p.m.
Tues. – Thurs., 9:30 a.m., 11:00 a.m., & 1:30 p.m.
Attorney Status Cases
Tues. – Thurs., 1:30 p.m.
Traffic School Returns
Fri., 9:00 a.m.
Fri., 9:00 a.m.
DUID and Stalking Cases
3rd Mon., 1:30 p.m. (If 3rd Mon. is a holiday, then the 4th Mon.)
Traffic Cases/Toll Road Cases
4th Mon., 1:30 p.m.
4301 East Parham Road Henrico, VA 23273-0775