Hanover County, Virginia Reckless Driving Attorneys
If you’ve received a reckless driving citation in Hanover County, Virginia, please call our experienced traffic lawyers today for a FREE no-obligation consultation. Our law firm has successfully represented numerous clients against potentially damaging reckless driving charges. Our dedicated traffic attorneys fight to get Hanover County reckless driving charges reduced or dismissed.
By focusing on traffic law we can better represent our clients and their specific needs. Limiting our practice area allows us to focus on a few courts and become intimately familiar with how each particular court operates. This detailed knowledge helps us to advise our clients better and makes us better at what we do.
What is Reckless Driving?
- Reckless Driving is a Class 1 Misdemeanor in Virginia which means that it is a criminal office and is punishable by up to 12 months in jail, a fine of up to $2,500 and a 6-month suspension of your license. Additionally, it carries 6 points and stays on your Virginia DMV record for 11 years.
- The most common type of reckless driving is reckless driving by speed (§46.2-862) which means that you were traveling more than 20 miles per hour over the speed limit or 80 miles per hour regardless of the posted speed limit.
- The catch all reckless driving general (§ 46.2-852) refers to several specific types of traffic violations which are considered to endanger yourself, others or property and is often cited in accident cases when the damage is above a certain threshold.
Focused on Your Future
Defending your future against potentially damaging reckless driving criminal charges can be one of the most important steps to take when you are facing charges. Our law firm is focused on the defense of traffic violations and focuses in reckless driving, DUI, speeding ticket and other types of traffic cases in Hanover County, Virginia and surrounding areas.
We have assisted countless clients in defending them against reckless driving and speeding tickets in Hanover County, Virginia.
As experienced and dedicated Hanover reckless driving lawyers we focus our work on offering our clients the representation they deserve, working diligently to help them understand the charges they face, the penalties the charges carry and the court proceedings that lay before them. This knowledge allows our clients to make educated decisions on how to proceed in their criminal matter, whether it be negotiating a plea bargain or taking their case before a jury.
We have found successful resolutions for countless clients including government contractors who require top secret clearance, truck drivers who face loss of their commercial drivers license (CDL) or points on their CDL, military members and under aged drinking and college students from:
- Virginia Commonwealth University
- University of Richmond
- Virginia Union University
- Virginia State University
- John Tyler Community College
- J. Sergeant Community College
- Richard Bland College
- Randolph-Macon College
- Hamden-Sydney College
- College of William & Mary
- University of Virginia
- Longwood College and Mary Washington University
In most cases, we can appear on your behalf so you will not have to come to Hanover, VA traffic court and we can often:
- Get your charge reduced to a lesser charge
- Minimize other consequences, such as a license suspension
Contact our dedicated Virginia traffic attorneys by calling 804-864-9424 to discuss your reckless driving, speeding ticket or other traffic violation to learn how we can help defend you against them.
Hanover General District Court
15th Judicial District of Virginia
Ms. Page B. Wright
Clerk’s Office Hours
8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
P. O. Box 176
Criminal: Mon.-Fri., 8:30 a.m. (except 5th Fri.)
Traffic: Mon.-Fri., 8:30 a.m. (except 5th Fri.)
Criminal: Tues., Wed., & Fri., 9:00 a.m. (except 5th Fri.)
Thurs., 9:00 a.m. & 11:00 a.m.
Traffic: Tues., Wed., & Fri., 10:30 a.m. (except 5th Fri.)
Thurs., 9:30 a.m. & 11:30 a.m.
District Courts Building 7515 Library Drive Hanover, VA 23069-0176
View Larger Map