Law Office of Gregory Hough P.C.
At The Law Office Of BernsteinHough PC, I leverage my criminal defense background to provide zealous and effective representation to clients in Richmond and throughout Central Virginia, who have been charged with a crime. My work as a public defender gave me a detailed insight into the Virginia criminal law system, allowing me to provide informative guidance to each of my clients and their unique situations. In addition to my standard legal practice, I handle expungements as well.
I have dedicated my work as a lawyer to providing efficient and informative representation to every one of my clients.
I have found successful resolutions for countless clients including government contractors requiring top secret clearance, truck drivers who face loss of their commercial drivers license (CDL) or loss of points on their CDL, military members and underage drinking and college students from:
Virginia Commonwealth University
University of Richmond
Virginia Union University
Virginia State University
John Tyler Community College
J. Sergeant Community College
Richard Bland College
College of William & Mary
University of Virginia
Longwood College and Mary Washington University
My work gave me the knowledge and experience needed to provide efficient and favorable defense against a number of traffic citations, misdemeanor and felony charges, including:
- Criminal defense: I have successfully defended clients against charges relating to trespass, assault and battery, malicious wounding, petty or grand larceny, breaking and entering, drug possession, underage drinking, disorderly conduct, resisting arrest, and other criminal charges.
- Traffic violations: From speeding to DUI/DWI, I have the experience needed to defend you and your driving privileges against any traffic issue, including speeding and drunk driving charges.
- Reckless driving Richmond: With an in-depth understanding of Virginia’s view on speeding, I am able to protect my clients’ driving privileges, including those individuals who drive for a living, such as truckers with CDL licenses. I am also able to protect members of the military against loss of security clearance stemming from these charges.
- Drug offenses: From simple drug possession to distribution and production, my work as a public defender gave me the skill set to defend against the damage drug charges can do to your future.
Contact my office online or call 804-864-9424 to discuss your charges and learn how I can assist in defending against them. I offer free initial consultations, accept credit cards and have affordable and very competitive rates. I will also make jail visits to discuss your case.
Richmond Criminal Attorney Greg Hough providing legal criminal defense representation for reckless driving, speeding tickets, DUI violations.
Criminal Defense Attorney Paula R. Bernstein Hough
Mrs. Bernstein graduated from the University of Florida with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Criminology and Law. Upon her graduation, Mrs. Bernstein worked for the National Legal Aid and Defender Association prior to her entering the Columbus School of Law at the Catholic University of America in Washington, D.C. While in law school, Mrs. Bernstein was awarded the “Eleanor & James Clanton Haynes Memorial Law and Public Policy” fellowship, was a Senior Editor for a Law Journal, and volunteered for the Innocence Project investigating a case of wrongful conviction.
During law school, Mrs. Bernstein also worked full-time as the Information Specialist for The Death Penalty Information Center where she delivered presentations about capital punishment to state, national and international organizations and even provided expert testimony before the Judiciary Committee of the Maryland House of Delegates. She graduated from the Columbus School of law cum laude in 2002.
Mrs. Hough joined the Fairfax County Public Defender’s Office in 2003 where she zealously represented clients charged with everything from Reckless Driving and Driving While Intoxicated to abduction, rape and murder. Mrs. Hough was promoted to the position of Senior Assistant Public Defender, where she continued handling serious felonies in addition to training and supervising less experienced attorneys.
Mrs. Hough joined the Gordon Law Firm in 2007 where she took the responsibility of opening the firm’s Central Virginia office. In 2009 she opened her own law practice, Brisendine, Overand, Buster and Bernstein, P.C.. After the birth of their first child in 2010, Mrs. Hough left her firm to join her husband at the Law Office of Gregory R. Hough.
Areas of Law Practice
- Criminal Defense Law
- DUI DWI Defense Law
- Traffic Violation Defense Law
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Virginia, 2012
- Virginia, 2002
- Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law, Washington, District of Columbia
- J.D. (Cum Laude) – 2002
- Honors: “Eleanor & James Clanton Haynes Memorial Law and Public Policy” Fellowship Award
- Law Review: Executive Board, Journal of Contemporary Health Law and Policy, Executive Board
- University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida B.A. – 1995
- Major: Criminology and Law
Professional Associations and Memberships
- National Legal Aid and Defender Association
- Chesterfield County Bar Association
- Richmond Bar Association
- Richmond Criminal Bar Association
Our office is located across the street from the Henrico County Courthouse, on Parham Road between Broad Street and Staples Mill Road.
View The Law Office Of BernsteinHough PC in a larger map